Tuesday 13 December 2011

Front Album Cover - Inspiration

Storm Thorgerson - Images

These are images created as album covers by Storm Thorgerson, a creative artist and album maker. These are the sort of things that I want to create with the edgy but with beautiful natural background with one main focus of ether something in nature or a person/animal. These images have inspired me to create something of a similar standard so it can challenge me with photo shop and I think will give me a strong front cover of my album.

IMAGE 1:

This image is one of my favourites of Storm's work I really like the composition of the piece and how there are two vocal points the natural/manipulated items (the butterfly) and the two people pointing up and looking at it. I would love to be able to create something as good as this with the stunning backdrop.
 IMAGE 2:

This image is one of another place that is very beautiful location. I like the focus on the one man in the picture and am looking to do something similar on my album cover but with one girl in the background with something in the for ground that has been changed and looking out of the ordinary.
IMAGE 3:

This is what I was wanted to achieve with the thing in the background with something around it and the thing in the for ground with something odd and unreal about it. This is the main image that is the inspiration behind the idea.

IMAGE 4:

This is a very interesting image with the wave in the background and the girl in the for ground this is the same sort of attractive girl that I want to use in my image but she would be standing and in the background. I like the colours in this image as well with the contrast between the blues and the natural browns and the skin of the girl.


What my idea is for my Final Album Cover...

- I want to use a natural stunning location (moors)

- An attractive girl in the background holding a balloon. (to link with back cover)

- Something in the foreground that has been manipulated by photo shop to look unreal and inspiring.

I learnt from this that I do find Storm's work is really inspring and I really like his work I think that I have replicated his work, espically with my front cover with the stunning location and the little quirky touch of the man falling off the plant.

Image Below shows MY Album Cover...
This is what I have done for the front of my album cover. It shows that I have used the same sort of look as Storm with the stunning location, with the little twist with the little man falling.


I have learnt from researching Storm's work that you don't always need the artist to feature on the front and if you make the album cover look very weird and stylised people will be interested in it and it will become successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment