Tuesday 20 December 2011

3rd Attempt - Album Cover



Storm Thorogson:


This image inspired me to create this album cover as it is just something as simple as a pretty setting and something quirky really makes the image impressive to look at and eye catching.
I have added this little person falling as you can see, I have done this as I am inspired by Storm Thorogsons work and his artwork. I really think taking a picture of a beautiful setting and then there being something a little off about it, a little quirky edge
really worked well.

I chose not to use the black and white images for my front cover as I thought the whole album in black and white would have made it look quite plain and seemed to look boring. With the injection of colour on the front album cover I really think it is eye catching and shows the fun personality of the artist and looks visually interesting.

The colour one also allowed for me to show off the setting more and the little man falling looks more convincing on the colour one. The black and white images I do like but I think they hurt peoples eyes when they look at it as the contrast has been turned up so high so this making them not look at the artist name of the name of the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment