Sunday 9 October 2011

Filming Sessions - How they went?

1ST FILMING SESSION...

I did this to show how mu first filming session went and what problems I came across and then sorted some things went well and other didn't... for example there is part of the music video where the character is actually a different girl due to the other actress being away.

The problem that I had with the beach shot was that I couldn't get the same character as the first wood shoot. I overcame this problem by filming the other characters feet and their back so it looks the same. The costume that I put this character in was a pretty light blue flowery dress, sunglasses and bare feet. I think that this costume links well with the location and the beach scene.

The bare feet gives the character a care free and relaxed feel to her and the natural just got out the sea hair still goes along with the location. Over all I really like how this has turned out.

The first filming session when very well in the woods I got some good footage with the element of the good weather and stunning scenery it was very easy to get some affective shots. I managed to use a range of different camera angles and did things from still shots to my character moving through the woods.

2ND FILMING SESSION...

This was the woods filming session I think this went well as I got some interesting shots with the character behind and the sun coming through the trees.

The only problem I had on this photo shoot was getting into the woods as they are at the back of my house and are rather overgrown by our gate so we had to child so this was the only trouble that I had.

3RD FILMING SESSION...

This was the 3rd filming session and this was the filming session that I did on the moors and outside around my house and the local area.

I chose this setting as it was very easy to get to and is a stunning setting to film with the mixture of oranges and greens.

This filming session went  okay as I didn't have my character will my I had to be in the film but only film my feet and me from a distance so that you can't tell the different or change in character. Another issue that came up was that when I placed the photo on the tree (seen in my film) I had a real problem as it was windy and it wouldn't stay where I wanted it.

Other than this this filming session was a success and I was able to get all the footage that I wanted will some interesting shots of her feet and match on actions of going behind the tree.

4TH FILMING SESSION:

This was a spur of the moment filming session as I was travelling with my sister (the actress in my film) to visit family and I noticed this effect it has when she looked in the window and I happened to have the video camera with me.

This wasn't a planned filming session but I really like the overall effect of this footage. I also got some plain shots just of the outside on the train.

The only issue that I came across on this was when I filmed directly into the window you could see the camera in the reflexion. I over came this by filming at an angle as you can see from the screen grab from my music video above.

5TH FILMING SESSION...



This is the final filming session that I did for my music video. I have used this house as it is my house so was easy to locate and get to. Also, I have done this because of the big bay windows of the Victorian house this allowed for plenty of light to make the the footage look good.

The only problem that I have with doing this in this house was that with some camera angles I wanted to get there was furniture in the way and I couldn't get them without making the camera wobbly.

Over all, this session went well and I got some good shots of my character and the final end shot I am very happy with. Also, the mise-en-scene goes very well as it is a family home and suits the character that I have used.

Different Filming Techniques:


This is the first time that I tyred to the idea out of finding the pictures and it worked really well and I have now used it throughout my music video.

This is linking to the idea of my whole music video. The idea is for my character to be going on a journey and visiting new and beautiful places and on the way finding different photos along the way of her life and her parents past life. This is one of the photos are her parents wedding. I have done this as it is still in a good location and it gives my video a storyline. The idea goes along with the song 'skinny love' in my eyes this means that the love is fragile and could break at any moment; this is linked as the characters parents divorced. This linking the location, song and storyline of the music video.

For the filming throughout my music video I have mainly used hand held shots to get the personal view through the characters eyes and to really get the point of the song and video across to the audience.

This has made me plan ahead for my other filming shots so that I do not get the same sort of problems such as uneven ground and characters being away. I think that this really helped me get a feeling for filming and it has seen my ideas come to life and see which ones work and which ones don't.

I learnt from doing this that I can overcome problems that I have and that it can work to change things and if my media text is going to be successful I need to be willing to change and adapt to certain problems. I also learnt that the location of the shoots really is important for my music video as it looks really affective on my footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment