Friday 7 October 2011

Audience Targeting - Profile

Audience Profile

Age: 16-30

Gender: The song is gender neutral but the video is more aimed at women.

Personality: Thoughtful, deep, romantic and adventurous.

Interests: Travelling or seeing new/beautiful places and discovering themselves.

Social economic group: A, B, C1

I have learnt from doing this what my specific audience is and what I need to be aiming for in my final media text.

How I made this choice?

I came to this conclusion of the target audience from taking information from my audience research and looking at current music videos of the same genre. The song that I have chosen has also influenced my audience as I feel that me and my friends are in the target audience, as I liked and chose the song. After deciding the idea for my music video, I feel that the girl featured is very relatable so this therefore meaning that the target audience is similar to her in age and personality. This all helping me to decide on the audience profile.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like a well rounded demographic to aim for - but what I (and the examiner) am also interested in is how you came to these conclusions. I'm sure you didn't just pluck these ideas out of the air, so how did you settle on this as your target audience? - Mr Thorogood

    ReplyDelete