Sunday 15 January 2012

Preliminary Task - Candy Shop Music Video

Candy Shop Music Video...


Music video above by Bethany Neave - from Vimeo

I have put this on my blog to show the planning and the research done around music videos, this is a pop song but shows the limited experience I had with filming music videos and how I have moved on and improved since making my music video. The genres may be different but this shows what editing I used and what the contrast is to an acoustic music video.

This is a preliminary task that I was set in class. I was put into a group of 4 and given the first bit of the track 'Candy Shop - Madonna' and told we had to go out over 2 lessons and film a music video to go along with it. We went for the conventional music video with the main feature on the artist and her then dancing around the example that we were given before we went out to film was that of 'Get on the floor - Jlo' In this music video it is very similar to mine as the main artist is just dancing around in different locations to the music and singing a bit.

Example - Jennifer Lopez 'Get on the Floor'


<-- Image to the left is a screen grab from the music video 'Get on the Floor' and shows the artist dancing around.



I have learnt from making this music video that no matter what pace the song is the editing has to really go with song speed. If the example above would have been any slower editing it would have looked silly as it is a very upbeat song so the editing it very fast to go along with this.

In addition, this helped me in the contraction of my music video as when it came to editing my music video I knew where all the effects were and was reasonably confident on how to use it. Even thought this is pop and not acoustic it still helped me as the shots are the same in both and I saw how the convention in each type of video are important and when stuck to and done well it can look effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment