Thursday 5 January 2012

Ancillary Task - Final Album Digi Pack

Complete Ancillary Task Digi Pack: All of it together...
I have chosen to put a little extra image of the little man falling off the plant to show I quirky side of the artist and make the image that little bit extra special. I have taken this inspiration from the album artist Storm Thorogson. I really love his work as it is so strange but yet looks really stylised and surreal. (See Storm Thorogson's work on a previous slide).
I have chosen to use this image as it is a stunning image and the black and white really highlight the ripples in the water and the sun shinning off the rocks in the background. The balloon that has been brought into the image after it has been taken really shows that I have thought about it and I think hot air balloons are a thing of wonder and really bring a unique look to the image.
I have chosen to pick am image of the artist on the inside cover to link together all the tasks as a whole package, as after all it is him and his music that is been advertising and sold as a whole thing. I have also chosen to have the personal family images in the background to show the link between the film and this and to represent the artist as a sensitive guy who thinks about deeper issues in the current society.
 I have chosen to change this image to this one instead of the previous one that I had. As well as this I really like how this looks and I have put the image of the artist on after the landscape picture was taken and I think that it looks realistic and shows the south west feel of the artist with the beach scene in the background.
I chose this image as it is the same as the CD placement and I think this is sticking to a convention and shows I have thought about it. Also it really does fit as I did it to match completely so it looks realistic. I think this really works and I chose the sepia as it shows the more serious side to the artist. I have chosen the sea/beach scene to run though out the album as he is a west country/south west artist and these are the locations that he is used to and around where he lives and I am able to show continuity as it is evident in the music video of the same beach. 
I have chosen to do the side spines and use the same image but make the colour slightly different so that you can tell the back from the front. However, I have also made the text different, I chose to do this so that the audience can make a clear differetn from the artist name and the album name.
I have chosen this image in the first place as it has a focus on it e.g. the plant on the left hand side. As well as this with the landscape in the background it shows off the stunning location and shows I have really thought and planned the composition.
I have chosen this image as I really liked the effect the water has with the sun shinning off the sea and how it really shows the ripples on the water. I have also chosen this as there is a lot of space above the main land to have the writing of the track list.   
I chose this image as it really shows off the fact that the artist is playing the guitar. This representing the artist as a talented guy that is disciplined enough to play a musical instrument. As well as this, I forgot to put the actual images behind him when talking this original image so this image give me a lot of space behind to work with the edit on the photos after I had taken the photo.  
 I chosen this image to show the artist, just him plane and simple. I really like the fact that that he is plain and shows that he is mainly about the image and not about the glitz and the glamour but more about the music and his whole media package.
 I chose this image as it shows that the artist is from the West Country and all the setting and stunning beaches that are down there. I have also chosen this as I thought that the beach scene looked really good in the sepia tint.

I did this to show what/why I have done for my ancillary tasks and why I have made these decisions. As well as this, I have learnt that it is a good thing to make all the little parts match to show off the link to the artist and how it all links to make a complete package.

(ALL IMAGES MY ORIGINAL IMAGES THAT I HAVE TAKEN)


Previous CD/CD Placement...

 This is what the CD placement looked like before I changed it I really did like this but from teacher feedback he mentioned that the girl character may only be a feature (actress/model) of the one music video so to have her a predominate feature on the album is a bit odd and also as it is a new artist there should be more images of him to show who he is so people will recognise him.
This is the previous CD of the album, I have changed this to stick with the convention that the CD show be the same as the CD placement and the same reason as above with the character being only a feature in one music video to have her on the album is a bit odd. I have also changed it as I though it would be nice to have a beach scene throughout the album to link together and the beach is a very west country thing so shows the artist and where he is from.

I did this to show what the complete digi pack looks like and what changed I have made last minute to it such as the change of the CD and CD placement. This really helped me as I could see what the whole package would look like and shows the development on how I have made these images and why I chosen to do them like I have. I have explained the choices of image by having the original image it shows what manipulation has taken place.

I really like the final outcome and think it looks very professional and works together with the music video and magazine ad to show I have carefully though about what I am putting together and the package as a whole. It explains to the audience what I have done and why I done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment