Saturday 7 January 2012

Ancillary Task - Final Magazine Advert

Complete Ancillary Task Magazine Advert - All of it together...
I chose this image of my artist as it is just plain and simple showing him off and what he looks like. The guitar shows what sort of music that his album will have on it and I have put an image of the album to stick with the convention of this and showing what the advert is actually advertising. I really like the over all look of this and I really think that the font I have used for the 'Toby Greenford'. It could appeal to the both female and male and the green colour really sticks with the natural lexis I have chosen through out the tasks.  
This is the landscape version of the advert, I have made it look similar to the portrait one but I have made the background more evident with the trees and the leaves. I have changed this slightly by having the album cover the main feature on this ad, I think this works better and shows an alternative to the portrait and a slight difference.
This is the original image and have chosen it to show the artist and what he looks like, having it on a plan background gave me choice to put it on a different background and make the background a different colour. The only thing that didn't work with this is that there is a little bit of string in the top right hand corner, but all i had to do was crop it out.
The 2 images above are seen on my landscape version of my magazine advert and the one of the tree is shown as the background for the rest of the information to go on, I chose this to show the nature feel and so the music video, magazine ad and album all have continuity.

I have learnt from this that I did not even know that magazines advertised albums from artist. I had to do some more background research into this and I had to find out what the conventions were e.g. star ratings, picture of the album cover, image of the artist.

This has shown me that all the little components in a magazine ad are essential for it to work as a whole, and the process to get them to fit all together is a lot more time consuming that originally thought. I really like the over all effect of the music magazine and could see it in a real magazine such as Q or NME.

No comments:

Post a Comment