Friday 9 September 2011

Music Choice - 1st Music Ideas

Music Video –  1st Ideas for Music choices

These are the 5 songs that I have chosen as a first choice for my music video throughout the course this may change and I might find I better song. The two songs that I am favouring are ‘This is the first day of my life’ and ‘Dirty Funk’ The first one is a more relaxed and acoustic sounding song and the second song is very upbeat and more a pop song. I am undecided between these two as they are quite different and both have good qualities that I could produce a good music video from. I chose all of these songs as they are good songs that are not so well known and I think are catchy and each have a good concept that a music video could be made from.

Bright Eyes – This is the first day of my life

Red Hot Chili Peppers – Wet sand

Steve Appleton – Dirty Funk

Amy May - ? This will an option I will consider if i do not get the permission of the copyright owners.

The Script – Science and Faith




If I cannot use a copyright I will have to contact someone like Amy May on myspace or by email to get a copyright free song without a record label. (see above)

I learnt that there are many songs out there that are good for a music video and it is very hard to pin point what sort of song I would like to use and I am still not sure. After this, I decided to change my idea for the song as I got inspiration from Vimeo (see on another slide).

I think these songs were good but they didn't really make me excited and I didn't get inspired to make a music video for any of them. Some of the songs above like 'This is the first day of my life' do have the same sort of conventions for the song that I chose in the end, so it makes it clear I was having the ideas of doing an acoustic music video even this early on.

No comments:

Post a Comment