Friday 9 September 2011

Mood Board - Ideas for Music Video

Location, Make-up, Costumes and Hair styles

I did this so that I can get an idea of what music video idea I want to go with I am thinking more the relaxed and acoustic, but it could also be pop. The location that I want is defiantly a beautiful and beach like setting. These are just some of the things that I liked and so put them in a mood board.


I did this mood board for the locations to shows that the ideas are and I have stuck to these ideas with the evidence of the beach and woods. I think this shows from the beginning that I was adamant that these were some of the locations that I wanted to use as I new the new artist or band that I created would just be from the west country. So these sort of locations are easy for me to get here as I live in the west country.


I did this mood board as more of an ideas board, as at this time I wasn't sure what make up and hair that I wanted the character to have. This is why there is a range of edgy make up and more glamorous and then the more natural, simple look. In the end my music video had a girl character that had the more natural look with limited make up and simple curled hair down. This going with my eventual choice of song and the locations that I went with are natural, so it made sense for her to be natural.  

This is a mood board of what costume that I wanted for my artist in the end my music video had a male artist in it so this mood board is not relevant to the male character. I stuck to some of the examples above with my girl character. the dominate image above is very similar to the costume of the girl character in my music video with the white, plain, flowy, summer dress. In my music video there is a character that goes through a journey and different seasons so the outfits that my character is wearing goes along with that.  

I have learnt from this that there are many different types of music, genres and music videos out there. The ones that I am looking at mostly are pop, indie and acoustic.

No comments:

Post a Comment