Saturday 24 September 2011

Music choice - 2nd Music Ideas

Music Video - 2nd music choice

I did this as I was looking for a different and better song and wanted a song that would truly inspire me to make a really good music video. Also I have made the choice to change my original genre and go from an acoustic feeling track. In the post I have made clear where I found the song and why it inspired me to make it the track for my music video.

I have decided to change my music choice and I have finally decided on a song. This song being 'skinny love' by bon iver.

I really like this song and think I could make a good music video out of it and it isn't the most mainstream version of the song. This has therefore changed my music genre of the song as I was originally planning to do a pop song. The inspiration for this long was found on Vimeo, as I was researching for an acoustic music video.

Skinny Love - Bon Iver

skinny love from Mackenna Millet on Vimeo.

I really liked this song and the relaxed kinda of feeling that it has. The video along with it is stop motion, I wouldn't use the same technique but I would try to replicate the beautiful setting and interesting camera angles. I also really like the girl in the videos look, with the natural make up and the simple summer dress and no shoes. I have tried to replicate this in my own music video and with my character.

I did this to show that I have changed my song idea and where I got the inspiration from. The video again confirmed that an acoustic music video requires stunning locations usually the beach. I have stuck to this convention and this music video clip really helped me in deciding that I wanted a single female character on her own walking around. However, I have developed this future by making a plot and a background story to the music video.

I truly really love this song and the different tones and the underlying message thought out it 'skinny love' meaning fragile love that can easily break, it is not the clearest of messages so I think with the idea of my music video shows the meaning of the song and makes the audience realise this.

No comments:

Post a Comment